Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sick Week

I know I have been "MIA" lately, so I apologize for my absence (from the blog world as well as class). For the past week I have been confined to my bed with a terrible sinus/respiratory infection. However, I have not forgotten about my yoga practices. In fact, I found yoga to be quite helpful while I was sick in bed. although it was terribly difficult to breath out of my nose, I found that paying attention to my breathing as I inhaled and exhaled really helped me relax and take my mind off of how horrible I felt - I also used some modified poses (I say modified because I adjusted them to work as I was laying in bed) to help relax and meditate while trying to fall asleep.

Although I did not necessarily feel well enough to practice backward bends, I did catch up on some reading, and I began Yoga from the Inside Out. I'm really enjoying hearing another student's point of view from the very first class - I also think it has been very interesting to hear about some body image struggles that every young person goes through and how easily I related to them. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about how yoga helped someone else physically as well as spiritually.

2 comments:

  1. hope you are feeling better Syndee. we have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be a bit sniffly in class tomorrow, but I am happy enough to be out of bed and no longer quarantined to my apartment - see you tomorrow, Dr. Schultz!

    ReplyDelete